Going to the beach is one of my favorite things to do! Whether by myself or with a friend, I love being by the ocean – listening to the waves, staring out to the horizon, digging my toes in the hot sand.
Packing my beach bag has become a morning ritual each time I go to the beach. I’m not a morning person, and I like to get to the beach early (which is 45 min. away from my house), so running around the house, like a chicken with my head cut off, on beach mornings is the norm. But now I have a routine down so I am able to get up, get packed, brush my teeth and be out the door in under 20 minutes!
Below are my beach “essentials”…
1. Victoria’s Secret Summer Love beach bag… I actually received this free a couple of years ago as part of an online purchase! It’s my favorite beach bag.
2. iHome & iPhone.. definitely need to listen to some beach tunes while at the beach! (Jimmy Buffett, Beach Boys, 90’s tunes.)
3. Spray bottle… filled with cold fresh or salt water… to provide a nice cold mist when the sun gets too hot.
4. Coleman personal wheeled cooler… filled with ice (to keep the spritz bottle cold), water, cranberry juice, watermelon, grapes, and a sandwich. I don’t make my own sandwich; I pick one up at a local convenience store.
5. Cape Cod potato chips... kettle cooked… seriously, these chips are amazing. Everyone should try them.
6. Vineyard Vines hat. I want my face to be young and wrinkle free, so try to protect it from the sun.
7. Rio 5-Position beach chair. Because towels get sandy on windy days being on the ground and all (obviously), and I like to sit upright for reading and eating.
8. A good book… right now I arm reading Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky.
9. Sunscreen… right now I am using Honest Company broad spectrum SPF 30 lotion. Although this past weekend I didn’t do such a good job reapplying and have a bit of a burn on my back.
If anyone has any beach necessities that they want to share please let me know! I am always looking for ways to perfect my beach bag and beach experience.