Thank you Surviving INfertility for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award! I would have liked to have gotten around to this post sooner, but sometimes life gets in the way. This long weekend was the perfect time to catch up on my reading list and make this post of my own.
Rules for “The Real Neat Blog Award”:
Put the Award Logo in your post.
Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the person/people who nominated you and link to their blogs.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like and link to their blogs.
Ask them 7 questions.
Let them know you’ve nominated them with a comment.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers (your questions are at the bottom). I know these types of posts aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, so if you don’t feel comfortable or have no interest then please don’t feel obligated or pressured – no worries!
Questions for me to answer:
1. What are your top 3 favorite books and why?
- My Sergei by Ekaterina Gordeeva and EM Swift. Katia is my most favorite figure skater, and I was also lucky enough to meet both her and Sergei the summer before he passed away when I went to skating camp at the International Skating Center of Connecticut, where they were living and training at the time. I saw them skate together many times when I went to Stars on Ice shows, and seeing them train and practice outside of the show while in CT was so exciting for me. I remember when he died and I was so, so sad. My grandmother bought me the book for Christmas one year and it’s one of my favorites.
- Pride and Prejudice. The first Austen I ever read. The first time I read it I couldn’t put it down.
- The Catcher in the Rye
- Honorable mention to: Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy, Anna Karenina, Valley of the Dolls
2. What is your best childhood memory? Hmm… I think I have a lot of good memories (up until the point I became a moody teenager.) Maybe our first family trip to Disney World. Sleepovers at my grandparents house, my grandmother would make me pizza, and my grandfather would buy me a Reese’s, and I’d play with their cats and dogs, and visit my great aunt’s house (she lived next door)… and play with her grandchildren (my second or third cousins?), and ride bikes.
3. What do you feel most proud of? The life that The Husband and I have created together… with our pets, and our cute little house. We work hard, and although we certainly don’t have millions and our house isn’t a mansion, we’ve put work into it and take care of it and it’s ours.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? ….Hawaii… because, HAWAII!
5. If you could only keep 3 of your possessions, what would they be and why? I am going to assume that this refers to inanimate objects, and not my pets or husband. With that in mind I would keep: my engagement ring, my grandfather’s wedding ring (which my grandmother gave me after he passed away), and my diamond pendant necklace (a gift from my parents at my college graduation – it was made from jewelry my father bought my mother before they divorced.)
6. What are you most afraid of? See here.
7. If you won the lotto, what would you do with the money? I would…. buy a summer home, buy a winter home in Florida, donate to animal shelters and animal welfare organizations, donate to the colleges I attended for their scholarship funds…. for more, see here.
Questions for bloggers I have nominated:
1. What is your favorite memory from high school?
2. Who is your favorite athlete?
3. When did you know your husband/wife/significant other was “the one?”
4. How best do you relax after a stressful day?
5. If you could star in any TV show which show would it be?
6. If you auditioned on American Idol what song would you sing?
7. What is your favorite comfort food?