A few weeks ago I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by fellow bloggers A Calm Persistence, Tales Of A 30 Year Old Nothing, and Mom to Angels. Thank you all so much for nominating me! Although I was nominated three times, I am only going to do one set of seven facts… because I can be lazy when I want to be AND I’m not sure how many undisclosed facts I have left after the blogging challenge I did in February.
These are the rules when you are nominated:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs
- List the nominees and let them know
Seven Facts About Me
1. I am a Netflix addict. Particularly with TV shows. When I get into something I will watch episode after episode – at the gym on my iPhone, at night on my iPad, on the computer, etc. It’s really addicting, at least for me. The first show that was under my “Recommendations” was 24. When I received that first disc of Jack Bauer’s awesomeness I stayed up until 3AM watching. And I was in a wedding that day and had to be up at 8AM to meet for breakfast with the bride and other bridesmaids before festivities began. Anyway, I don’t feel bad for being tired during the wedding because the couple divorced two years later.
2. I recently started oil pulling in the mornings with coconut oil. Not sure if it’s helping anything, but it doesn’t seem to be hurting. I have used coconut oil for home body lotion as well (I use coconut, jojoba, almond and lavender oils for my body lotion.)
3. I started reading the book It Starts With The Egg by Rebecca Fett and I am now paranoid about everything in my kitchen. Soaps, tupperware, travel mugs. Right now I am about half way through. More on this in another post.
4. The Husband and I have known each other since we were kids. I think we met when I was around six or seven, as he and his parents lived across the street from my grandparents (his parents still live in that house, but my grandmother sold hers after my grandfather passed.) But we were not high school sweethearts – although we grew up in the same town we went to different high schools (and he was three grades ahead of me.)
5. I am running in my first 5k of the year next weekend. I haven’t found any others to run (yet) but am looking for other local races. My friend L and I are running together then going out for lunch afterwards.
6. I got a new car (BMW X3) in November and I love it. Love.it. I have never liked any of my cars as much as I like this one. It was a total impulse purchase, I’m typically very fiscally responsible, but I thought to myself – I’ve always wanted one, and I had a shitty year, and if I wanted to spend my money on a car I was going to do it (as long as The Husband agreed.) And I can honestly say that I love driving it, so, that’s all the justification I need right now. A few years from now I might wish I still had the money I spent on it, but I’ll deal with that then.
7. I am volunteering at my neighborhood’s annual Earth Day cleanup next weekend. My job will be cleaning up litter on the side of one of the main roads leading to my neighborhood. It always looks so nice after the cleanup weekend and it’s sad how quickly it gets littered and yucky again.
As for the nominees – I would love to read from anyone reading this blog! There are so many blogs I enjoy and it’s hard to choose just a few. If you are reading this and have a blog, consider yourself nominated.