In one of my earlier posts I mentioned how my favorite music is Classic Rock. So, a lot of my favorite songs are Classic Rock songs and I really don’t listen to much “Top 40” or Pop songs, etc. I like the tried and true, and most of my favorites have been my favorites for many years now. Most of the songs I love now are songs I have loved for years. So here goes, in no particular order
- Hey Jude – The Beatles
- Southern Cross – I prefer the Jimmy Buffett version
- Into The Mystic – Van Morrison
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson *an exception to the “years” comment above; I don’t expect this to be a longtime favorite
- The Ocean – Led Zeppelin (I really love Led Zeppelin; I listen to them almost exclusively while running)
- 99 Problems – Jay Z
- The Wind Cries Mary – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Rocket Man – Elton John
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift *another exception to the “years” comment; I don’t expect this to be a longtime favorite
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
I am leaving tomorrow for my business trip/vacation. I’m going to try and keep up with this challenge while I am away, but depending on internet speed/connectivity and how much free time I have I might miss a few days. The hotel offers free wi-fi in public areas and in the conference areas, but I don’t know if I feel like paying an exorbitant fee to get it in my room too. I’m kinda cheap like that. And typing a blog entry on my little iPhone is just no fun.
I decided to pay the extra $65 to get an “Even More Space” seat on JetBlue; this might be a big waste of my money but I figured I’d try it. Not that I need much extra space (I’m MAYBE 5’3″ on a tall day) but I like the idea of getting on first. And I have to check my bag anyway (packing for a week, no way I could make it on a carry on) so it’s not like I’d have to worry about gate checking anything, so maybe I shouldn’t have done it. It all might be a waste but I’ll find out tomorrow. I’m sure my sleep will be restless tonight.