Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful My Perfect Breakdown. For those of you that aren’t following her, she is an amazingly strong, thoughtful woman and I always look forward to reading her posts. This is the first time I have been nominated for this award, so thank you MPB!
The rules for this award are simple:
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
What is your favourite Song? This is such a tough one for me! I enjoy so many different genres and I have a favorite in each. The playcount on my iTunes (and the title of this blog!) suggests that “The Wind Cries Mary” by Jimi Hendrix is #1. Closely followed by “On To The Next One” by Jay Z.
Who is your favourite Disney Character? Alice in Wonderland.
What do you put on the top of your Christmas tree – star or angel or something different? The Husband and I did not put up a tree this year, but typically we put an angel on top.
Do you have any animals? If yes, how many and what types? Yes, and they are amazing if I may say so myself! We have a 5 (almost 6) year old female Boxer (The Husband and I call her the love of our mutual life) and a 5 year old cat. I have had pets my entire life and can’t imagine life without my furry friends.
Winter, summer, spring or fall? Do you have a favorite? Summer is my favorite for the beach, with fall a close second (for the football and cooler weather).
What makes you smile on a bad day? My dog.
What is your favourite holiday? Hmmm…. I’m not really a “holiday person”, as long as they get me a day out of work than they are all my favorite! But I’d have to go with the 4th of July (for the fireworks and cookouts).
What is your favourite childhood memory? Hmmm…. vacations on Martha’s Vineyard; and my grandfather bringing us (me and my brother) candy. He always had a candy for each of us, and we always knew that even when he said he had none with him that he had hidden them somewhere and was waiting for us to find them.
Why do you blog? I first started blogging because I wanted an outlet for my thoughts. I still blog for that reason, but now I also like to follow the stories of others, offer them support and feel connected (sometimes I feel very isolated “in real life” because not many people “get it”). I have learned so much from other people and look forward to reading the successes of others and realizing that there is still hope out there, somewhere.
If you had 1 piece of advice for your 15 year old self, what would it be? Life will be so much better after high school! And don’t worry so much about boys, they will come and go!
What is one thing you want to accomplish in 2015? Hmm… I would like to graduate from running a 5k to running a 10k! I am doing well with my running right now but not there yet.
Below are my 11 questions and 11 nominees. 🙂
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- Who has had the greatest impact on your life?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite athlete?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- When did you meet your husband/wife/significant other/partner?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is your dream job?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first purchase/donation/expenditure that you would make?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Losing Our Itty Bitty Liddy
- Fish Bite Moonbeams
- Controlled Chaos
- Diary of a Little Chicken
- God’s Time God’s Plan
- A Calm Persistence
- A Few Good Eggs
- F*%ck Infertility
- Amber Under Construction
- My Ectopic